DATE: Thursday 5th April 2018
VENUE: Hornsby RSL, 4 High St Hornsby
Wellness and reablement philosophy and practice is now a key foundation stone of support provision in the aged and disability sectors. The approach requires an understanding of the concepts of, and difference between wellness and reablement and recognition of how it influences many aspects of an organisation’s and program’s operations from policy to marketing, to the practice of all levels of staff. Preparation of a Wellness and Reablement Action Plan (WARAP) can be a very useful guide to embedding the approach in the workplace.
This workshop covers the essential ingredients of the enabling approach; how to develop and the components of a WARAP for an organisation or program
By the end of the training program participants will be able to:
- accurately describe the wellness and reablement approach, including the differentiation between the two terms
- identify what is needed to successfully embed wellness and reablement practice across an organisation or program
- identify what needs to addressed within their organisation and programs to successfully showcase a commitment to, and expertise in wellness and reablement
- develop a Wellness and Reablement Action Plan using the provided tools
- monitor the embedding of wellness and reablement practice across an organisation
Target Audience: CEOs and top-level Managers
Presenter: Glen Sorensen founded his company, Age Communications, in 1988. Since then he has worked as a facilitator, trainer, researcher, writer and resource developer with all tiers of government, industry peak bodies, non-government and the private sector. His experience includes community care, aged care, disability, housing and community development sectors.
Cost: 20% discount if book by 8 March 2018. Please enter CHSP under Gift/Promotion Code to obtain the discount. All prices include GST.
$95: CHSP service workers, $135: non-CHSP service workers, $95: non-CHSP volunteers, $25: CHSP volunteers
Group Discount: In addition to the 20% Early Bird offer, you can receive an additional 5% discount for 2 bookings or 10% discount for 3+ bookings. To organise, contact Shirley on: firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 134 332
Enquiries: Contact Shirley Choi email@example.com or T 1300 134 332
REGISTRATION: Click here to register.