DATE: Thursday 26th July 2018
VENUE: Dee Why RSL, 932 Pittwater Rd Dee Why
Wellness and reablement philosophy and practice is now a key foundation stone of support provision in the aged and disability sectors. For Managers, Team Leaders and Coordinators, the approach requires an understanding of the concepts of, and difference between, wellness and reablement; the ability to fully engage consumers and their families in the approach; and assessment, support planning and provision that explores reablement potential and identifies individual wellness outcomes.
This workshop covers the essential ingredients of the enabling approach and its implications for assessment practice, support planning and support provision.
By the end of the training program participants will be able to:
- accurately describe the wellness and reablement approach, including the differentiation between the two terms
- outline the expected outcomes of reablement and wellness strategies
- have enhanced skills in assessing a consumer’s interest in reablement and wellness approaches
- have enhanced skills in assessing, support planning and provision within a wellness and reablement model
- be able to co-design, implement and evaluate user friendly support plans with identified wellness and reablement outcomes.
Target Audience: Team leaders, Coordinators, Assessors and Case Managers
Presenter: Glen Sorensen founded his company, Age Communications, in 1988. Since then he has worked as a facilitator, trainer, researcher, writer and resource developer with all tiers of government, industry peak bodies, non-government and the private sector. His experience includes community care, aged care, disability, housing and community development sectors.
Cost: 20% discount if book by 28 June 2018. Please enter CHSP under Gift/Promotion Code to obtain the discount. All prices include GST.
$95: CHSP service workers, $135: non-CHSP service workers, $95: non-CHSP volunteers, $25: CHSP volunteers
Group Discount: In addition to the 20% Early Bird offer, you can receive an additional 5% discount for 2 bookings or 10% discount for 3+ bookings. To organise, contact Shirley on: firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 134 332
Enquiries: Contact Shirley Choi email@example.com or T 1300 134 332
REGISTRATION: Click here to register.