With the relentless hot days and nights across Sydney, it is important to care for yourself and avoid the risk of heat exhaustion and heat stroke. Here are a few tips on how to stay cool – especially If you don’t have an air conditioner!
- Drink plenty of water through the day.
- Opt for cotton over polyester materials and long sleeves cotton to reduce the heat of the sun.
- Place small hand towels in the freezer and place around the back of your neck, across your chest or on your feet to cool your body temp down.
- Eat smaller meals
- Before bed; place your top sheet in the freezer for a few minutes before bed to cool your sheets down.
And let’s not forget our furry friends.
- Plenty of water with ice in the water bowl.
- If you have a cat, wipe down the fur with a cool wet towel.
- Place a water bottle in the freezer, when frozen wrap in a towel and place it in their favourite sleeping spot.
- If you have a dog, water down with the hose.
- Opt for a cuddle over a walk/exercise – you will both benefit from it.
Ultimately look out for symptoms of heat exhaustion or heat stroke. Don’t delay if you are unwell and contact the Home doctor. https://homedoctor.com.au/locations/sydney