The 24th July (24/7) marks Stress Down Day a national event aimed at encouraging Australians to recognise stress and take steps to reduce it. Stress Down Day is an initiative supported by Lifeline Australia. The goal of the day is to have fun, stress less and feel better, all while raising money for Lifeline’s 24-hour crisis support service.
Each of us at some time in our lives, will experience some form of stress, and some may need to access services such as Lifeline’s 24 hour counselling support.
At Northside, we asked the team what tips they use to help manage stress and this is what we came up with.
- Eating nutritious whole food.
- Making some time for exercise and enjoying the great outdoors.
- Be kind to yourself.
- Use meditation apps such as Headspace
- Go to bed early and get a good night’s rest.
- Take a short break, a long weekend or an extra day off.
- Extend your social network, join a club or find a social hobby.
If you’re feeling overwhelmed, this 24/7 contact Lifeline on 13 11 14.